IMI Security Service was founded in 2007 and born as maritime training center authorized by Italian Ministry of Trasport (Aut. N. 1164/2010) to organize ISPS training course, as:
- CSO (COMPANY SECURITY OFFICER);
- SSO (SHIP SECURITYOFFICER);
- PFSO (PORT FACILITY SECURITY OFFICER);
- SECURITY TRAINING FOR SEAFARERS WITH DESIGNATED SECURITY DUTIES
(Comply at section STCW A-VI/6, as amended and italian decree – 14 h);
- SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING FOR ALL SEAFARERS
(Comply at section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended and italian decree - 5 h).
The quality of the management systems is audited by Italian Cost Guard Headquarter.
IMI Security Service, is also Authorized Training Center by Italian Interior Ministry for training armed security guard operating in port and for trainning Privately Contracted Armed Security Personnel an board italian vessels in Piracy High Risk Area.
• Unarmed Antipiracy Services for application BMP4;
• Anti-piracy drills and evacuation.
IMI Security Service is an ICOC signatory (since February 2012).
The Director of IMI Security Service was Italian Coast Guard Officer and now is a member of the Working Committee of the Maritime Security at CoESS (The Confederation of European Security Services) where he leads the working program for Piracy and Counter-piracy measures.